A Chance Encounter

Its been ages since I last entered and entry in my blog. Kinda like a millennia or something. Sole reason for it is the internet in my campus sucks big time and the whole reason as to why I have this blog is to rant about the things that happened in campus. But I could not do that with the sucky internet connections. So I kinda stopped blogging.

And here I am reviving my blog. Though today's entry is not a rant but just an entry, partly revived by Alex (New found friend.). He decided to link my blog to his blog... Why? Why? Oh well. It is done now. (Must update blog... People are reading...)

Back to the title. Almost a month ago, I met a guy online and we chatted. He has a blog so I decided to read it. A good blog to read too. Then I ran out of posts of his blog to read, so I went on clicking his links of blogs that he reads. So by this time around, I have a bookmark folder named Blog and it has lots of blogs in it which I visit when I'm bored (I'm bored most of the time and no I don't spend bored time studying. The whole idea of being bored is to do something I like.).

So two days ago, I was reading a guy's (Leggie is his nick) blog called What Does The World Look Like? A good blogger too. I really liked the stuff that he wrote, its very real and relatable. He had he's Yahoo ID so I messaged him. We couldn't chat due to the different timing that he's awake and active. I'm nocturnal and he's a morning person. I finally caught him online this morning after class (I take PRS, Pembimbing Rakan Sebaya or better known as Peer facilitator, for cocurriculum. What an irony...). We chatted about general stuff. I found out that he has some friends here in my campus. Oooooo. He asked him I would like to chat with them and I said sure. Nothing like meeting with new people. They are Alex and Xavier. I was like soo happy to finally meet someone who's like me (Me=gay=queer=faggot. Straight people don't get to say these cause then it'll be sexist. I shall elaborate more on my self discovery some other post.).

So that's how I found 2 new queer friends. We chatted and went for semi yam cha (more like yam kopi peng and herbal tea.). Just to show how freaking small our world is now-a-days. There is nothing like it to actually have someone who is in the same boat as me. I mean sure I'm out to my friends but it is not the same as to having a person who is going through the same thing as I am. I was rather relieved that I met the both of them. Makes my world less lonely.

Chatting with Leggie also helped me in deciding where I want to do my internship. He's company is very, very close to my place (10 minutes PUTRA ride from home.) and they are offering what I want to take, HSE. Goes to show, how important networking is.

-Live Long & Prosper

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Derek's invovled, chance has little to do with it. Running gag, sorry. :)

Noctural? Aren't you still studying?

Ganymede said...

It seems that Derek is super popular. Alex and Xavier were talking about it.

Well my definition of nocturnal is 2am max. So still able to wake up for class. Heheheh.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you too dude! It's a small world, true.... Keep on blogging! :)

Anonymous said...

glad to know u have met new gay friends on campus!

Anonymous said...

it seems, the gay bloggers in KL are so small....interesting to meet these people too.... hee hee