Painkiller The New Penicillin?

People only appreciate something once it is lost, definitely true with my thumb. No I did not loose my thumb but it's temporarily having restrictive movements and unable to handle stress and strain. Stress injury from work I reckon. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a bitch or so I suspect it is CTS. Repetitive motion on my right hand mainly opening metal taps for sampling crude oil, weakness while using my thumb and pain when gripping on something. Sounds like CTS.

I went to the medic for consultation and boy was I amused. I explained to him the condition of my thumb, he took a look at it and felt the area surrounding my thumb. There's a slight swelling but nothing too significant like the size of a turkey drumstick. Just a little bigger than usual and it is soft.

Maybe it is gout he said even after asking if I've been having red meat for my meals. I don't overdose myself with protein if that was what he was going at. Not like I have much use for those excess protein here anyways. I am not lifting weights to build mass nor do I have bulky muscles to sustain them... I have even attempted to suggest that it may be CTS but judging from his expression I might as well have some exotic tropical disease like Ebola...

I think The Doctor was practically rolling his eyes when I told him what the medic said. He would throw a fit at the medic if he is here. Maybe a man overboard drill too. Gotta love The Doctor for his charms.

So what does the medic do when presented a patient that is experiencing the above syndromes? Give him painkillers and tell the patient to observe the following days. Sounds like the early days of antibiotic. Fever? Here have a jab of Penicillin.

I hope my thumb gets well in the following days. Shall give the thumb a little break. What a great excuse to be idle out here in the sea and feed the fishes!

I shall stop typing now. I do not want to risk injuring it more. How am I to perform my daily ritual of autoeroticism?

You know you love me.
XOXO
Queer Ranter

12 comments:

Kris said...

I wondered why humans had fingernails and it's also the same thing as the thumb, they say if we tape up our nails we'll realize how useful it is. hahahaha last line..i just got it!

Kris said...

I forgot! hope your thumb heals fast and nothing serious!

William said...

My thumb problems come from too much SMS-ing!

nase said...

Get ready to go home as The Doctor had rang up your Medic ( whom is just a Medical Assistant ) and spoken to him just now. The Medic's gonna write a letter to state your current sore thumb condition is due to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and in no way able to render you working anymore and require full rest of the hand.

Jason said...

I guess its a holiday for jiejie! :p

Ganymede said...

Kris: Hahhahah thanks. I hope so too... Will know once I see an orthopedic.

William: You are more at risk of some other skin falling off than your thumb lo...

Nase: Weeeee. Score for The Doctor BF! :P

Jason: Aiye budak ni... Skipping work je tau... Go work!

Legolas said...

Don't you just want to be a medic offshore? Overpaid and got nothing to do. Such a joyful thing. The only problem is you might be blown up. That's why they overpay anyway.

Ganymede said...

Legolas: Cis! It'll blowup because of your engineer's design la! You're putting me at risk!

Legolas said...

Well, if you guys gave us more money and time, it would be a perfect design and nothing would blow up. Hehe.

Ganymede said...

Legolas: Stop suggesting the impossible and focus on designing the impossible at an impossible rate within an impossible timeframe!

Legolas said...

And the answer for that impossible task to design something that's impossible to blow up, is: impossible. :-P

Leon Koh said...

interesting blog