The Yellow Cab

For people like me who depends on the public transportation to go around town and for blog meets (see I'm promoting nia), LRTs and taxis are the only reliable mode of transportation. I refuse to take the bus cause its just too slow and it takes forever. If only the public transportation here is as efficient as the ones they have in Melbourne. A truly integrated train, bus and tram system.

Just the other day, I was to meet my senior in Sungai Wang. My usual root would be to take the LRT to KLCC and take the cab from there. Easy and fast enough to get me there in 20 minutes provided there's no jam from KLCC to Sungai Wang. But things didn't go as planned as I would like it to go.

I was rushing to Sungai Wang to meet my senior so I basically speed walked from the LRT station to the taxi stand. There were, as usual, taxi drivers standing at the stand to con tourist by putting fixed fares and that really pissed me off. I'm planning that one day, I get into the cab and pretend to bargain for a lower fare. Then when I arrived at the destination, I'll just walk out. One day.

So I just walked past them and headed to the first cab in line. Got into the cab and I made sure that he turned on his meter. The meter popped up RM3.00... Ok... Nevermind... Rush rush rush... Driving along and halfway through to Sungai Wang I looked at the meter again. WHAT THE FUCK?! RM5?! Already. Shit... Then I saw the rate of which the meter was jumping... RM0.20 for like every 100 meters?! Shit!!!

Kept driving, driving and driving till we reached the corner into Jalan Bukit Bintang... I was already in the state of panic cause I didn't have small change for anything more then RM8 and the meter is already RM8. So I changed my mind and told him to stop at KL Plaza... When he finally stopped, it was RM9.20... I asked if he had change for RM50 and, duh, he does... -_-! I can't believe that short ride cost that much... I could have gone and come back for that price with change!

Now I know. Never ever take the yellow Proton Perdana cab. No matter how rush, it ain't worth it...

Geeez madness...

-Live Long & Prosper

5 comments:

confusticated said...

"and a big yellow taxi took my PETTY CASH away~"

ahahahah.

MrBunnyBan said...

Haha... i was just thinking of that song.

Pluboy2 said...

never takes a cab anyway.. :)

executorlouis said...

I think i know of more than a few people (including Damien) who would love to tell you how inefficient Melbourne transport is as well... ;)

But no worse than KL, i will always tell them. :)

Ganymede said...

Confusticated - Dem cab...

Ban - What song?

Pluboy2 - You drive what and I got no car...

Executorlouis - *gasp~~~ It is in efficient?! Tell me it isn't so~~~