Most "Wanted"

Wanted? Certainly not for this movie. Sure I like Angelina Jolie anytime in any movie but that just won't do for this movie. Even the lovely Angelina Jolie couldn't be this movie's saving grace. The movie was in such dire condition and throughout the entire movie I was gasping, "You have got to be kidding me?!".

Wanted? Not really...

The movie started off alright introducing Wesley Gibson (James McAvoy), a below than your average Joe, working class guy. Actually make that a uber pathetic dude. Think about the whole team from Dodgeball combined and you get him. He couldn't even Google himself. I actually feel sorry for him but he's got this really stunning blue eyes and oh so yummy bod.

Perfect combination of girls, guns and cars.

However, the movie practically went downhill when Angelina Jolie came into the picture. She's stunning sure but the stunts this movie pulled were unbelievable in a really bad way. I think Mythbusters need to debunk this soon to be urban legend, a shooter can curve a bullet firing out of his gun by swinging his arm. If that's not illogical enough, imaging intercepting a bullet in mid air with another bullet... I didn't mind the other vehicular stunts they pulled but this bullet thing, I can't down it like a shot of good old strong tequila.

Ain't she a beauty.

Having said that, the general plot is decent with enough twists and suspenses to entice and enthral the audience. Visual effects were stunning and it was no surprise seeing that director is none other than Timur Bekmambetov. He is known for Night Watch and Day Watch.

So the verdict is I disliked the movie. The bullet things were just too whacked for me to accept it. It ruined the movie for me. But there's no harm going for a watch anyways. Movie outings with friends are always lovely.

You know you love me.
XOXO
Queer Ranter

5 comments:

-C said...

Why does no one else like this film??

Anonymous said...

i like the film.

the comic book it's based on is about supervillains with superpowers. perhaps too many ppl took this movie too seriously (:

Alex said...

We're supposed to check our brains at the entrance, like all worship places, in order to enjoy the movie.

Ganymede said...

C: The bullet stunts killed it for me.

AConfusedBoy: Hmmmm. Still cannot la.

Alex: Oooo pedas nye. :P

[YeOp] said...

Looking forward to watch Wanted & Hancock next week!