Red Cliff

When I hear Red Cliff, I see Takeshi Kaneshiro! As some of you know from my previous post, I'm a huge fan of Takeshi Kaneshiro. He is hawt! I'd like to thank Nuffnang (again) for giving me the opportunity to watch Red Cliff. I heart press screenings~~~


Initially, I felt very dissatisfied about this movie right after watching it. But after some time (a very long time indeed seeing that I'm only blogging it now) of digesting, the movie is actually quite impressive. Real historical battle of The Red Cliff between Liu Bei, Sun Quan and Cao Cao during the Three Kingdoms period in China.

The reason why I felt dissatisfied was because the movie was a little draggy in some parts, especially the battle scenes. The battle scenes itself is very impressive. Tactical strategies and military ingenuity are just mind blowing. But bringing out the generals one by one to combat the enemy soldiers are just silly... Just to display the might and strength of the generals. That's just pushing it...

But the character developments and the actors themselves were good. Takeshi delivered top notch performance as expected and Tony Leung was pretty good too. Storyline was engaging and martial art stunts were superb.

I am amazed with the sheer quantity of actors that was needed in this movie. With so many actors, they needed a lot of costumes to go with it. Logistics nightmare!

I've always love movies like these. The era of ancient China. It's fantastic to have a glimpse of the time (albeit a little exaggerated). This movie is definitely worth the watch and I think there hasn't been a movie which is quite like this or in the scale like this.

You know you love me.
XOXO
Queer Ranter

0 comments: