What Is Your Song?

When La Faghag heard of this meme that I have to do, she was laughing her head off and said, "You are so screwed man...". Thanks for the vote of confidence love. Love you too. Well she was reffering to my limited repertoire when it comes to music knowledge.

Oh and thanks to Crazy Sam for the tag.

Rules of the tag: Various situations are given. You have to come up with a song (or a couple) that aptly describe those situations in YOUR life.

Opening Credits

They say the eyes are window to the soul. I say music is the window to the soul. Play it on your speakerphone and show the world who you truely are.

Kylie Minogue - Speakerphone



Waking Up

Everyday I wake up to the morning sun, wondering what will I do. The possibilities are endless. Que Sera Sera, whatever will be will be indeed.

Pink Martini - Que Sera Sera



Average Day

Everyday is a happy day and a happy day is a rainy day. Sitting down by the window and enjoying the view. Let's sing in the rain like we do when we were kids. Just singing in the rain, what a glorious feeling, I'm happy again.

Jamie Cullum - Singing In The Rain



First Date

My first date wasn't quite where I dremt it would be. Always had a thing for little French Cafes. None the less, that never stopped me from dreaming it.

Paris Combo - Fibre de Verre



Falling in Love

I remember what's it like to fall in love eventhough it seems like a distant past. The feeling of falling in love someone to be with. No one, no one, no one. Can get in the way of what I'm feeling. Come what may...

Alicia Keys - No One



Moulin Rouge OST - Come What May



Love Scene

There's something about candle lit dimmed room that brings out the feeling of romance, love and lust. I kiss you on the lips and take a moment to look at you. Look at your face, look into your eyes and I see the look of love.

Diana Krall - The Look Of Love



Fight Scene

Fights are fascinating to spectate especially between lovers. Look pass the anger and the rage and you'll see the undying love and the passion for each other.

Juno Reactor - Teahouse



Breaking Up

I think of McDave when I listen to this song. The good times and the break-ups. I love him so much but as fate would have it, we weren't meant to be with each other. He's such a beautiful disaster.

Kelly Clarson - Beautiful Disaster



Getting Back Together

I was madly in love with McDave. So much so, I asked for a second chance to give the relationship another try when it was first called off. The pebbles forgive me, the trees forgive me so why can't you forgive me?

Juno OST - Anyone Else But You



Secret Love

Two people secretly in love with each other but both timid to make the first move. So they waltz around each other, singing to each other love songs while stealing every accidental glances.

Jay Chou - Wu Ding



Life's Okay

If life is translated into flavours, then its a buffet of all the world's cuisine. Embrace the sweet, the salty, the sour and the bitter of life. Cause it's a bittersweet symphony, its life.

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony



Mental Breakdown

Everyone has his dark moments and me included. It is a very dark and brooding place to be. Sweeney's waiting. I want you bleeders.

Sweeney Todd OST - Epiphany



Driving

I don't have a car to speak of but I do fancy driving. I dream of speeding along the highway in my Mini Cooper but for now, I'll settle with La Faghag's ride. I need a faster car...

Keith Urban - Faster Car



Learning a Lesson

Everyone is always in such a rush. How are we to learn all there's to learn if we don't slow down and take a look around? Easy now, hush love hush, don't distress yourself what's your rush? keep your thoughts nice and lush, wait.

Sweeney Todd OST - Wait



Deep Thought

Gazing into blank space, drifting about on the strong currents of deep thoughts, randomly without destination. But nothing in the world is random. Just as random as the notes in scores of a music piece. Observe how a pianist makes sense of it all when he presses the keys on his piano.

Christopher Peacock - Canon In D



Flashback

I think of my previous lovers from time to time. Think of the happy times we spent together. The good memories we forged. Always when I look back and there you'll be.

Faith Hill - There You'll Be



Partying

Dancing on the dancefloor, releasing my inhibitions and be free. Nothing else mattered. Its only me, the music and you. Slow down and dance with me, yea, slow. Skip a beat and move with my body, yea, slow.

Kylie Minogue - Slow



Happy Dance

Let's take the dancing up a notch. Forget everything and enjoy the rhythm. Listen to the saxophone. Follow me, and let's go, to the place where we belong and leave our troubles at home.

Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria



Regretting

I have had my fair share of regrets. Things I wish I could have done differently but its now it remains as memories. It is too late to do anything now. Oh, nobody's ever gonna love me like she (he) loved me.

Keith Urban - Stupid Boy



Long Night Alone

As I prepare myself to go to bed, the coolness and the quiteness of the night creep in. Something is terribly missing. The warmth of your body, the scent that is you and the sound of your beating heart. So I lay in bed, alone, and wait for dreamland to come.

你不再 当我最需要爱 你却不在。

Wang Lee Hom - Ni Bu Zhai



Death Scene

Death is the final destination for all. Everyday, we play a game of hide and seek with Death but sooner or later, he'll catch you. Dust to dust they say.

Imogen Heap - Hide and Seek



Closing Credits

Here we are, at the end of this meme. I have shown you bits and pieces of my soul through the music which you've listened to. The naked me.

Madonna - Time Stood Still



I'm pretty sure the whole universe is against me studying for my exams! Bloody hell, don't I get a moment of peace trying to study? Oh well, now that its done I'll just have to make up for that lost time I spent for this meme.

One good thing came out from this though, now my ITune is all pretty and neat with all my albums properly labeled and sorted. Nice! And I truely enjoyed writing this post and I hope you enjoyed reading and listening to it too.

And now tagged, you're it time.

Chira
Shira Chan
Ohkulala
Calvin
The Ugly Submarine
C
Li Tim Koh

You know you love me.
XOXO
Queer Ranter

6 comments:

Qihua said...

Suprisingly I could stream those songs in my office to listen to it.. :D

Some of the songs I really like it.. Canon in D, Look of Love... Bittersweet Symphony.. Listening to 'em just makes the stress of the day go.... (well at least some of it :P )

I love it... Perhaps I'll do the tag when I'm free :)

ikanbilis said...

i love love love love pink martini!!

=D

im a new yorker wannabe so alicia keys is on the list!

Jason said...

Thank you for not tagging me! ^^

Ganymede said...

QiHua: Hahahah. Yey for you.

Ikanbilis: Oh I love them lots too~~~ They're brilliant.

Jason: ...

*smack

Crazy Sam said...

This was awesome! I haven't finished hearing all the tracks yet. We both love to impress our readers, don't we! Hugs dude! :)

the ugly submarine said...

Can i take a pass on this meme? Too darn stressful. Can la? I buy you one b52 in exchange...