Watch What You Eat

I love my food very much. I enjoy cooking them and I enjoy eating them. Food is just too good not to be enjoyed. Though, food is best taken in moderation or it can lead to a myriad of detrimental health conditions. There are however a certain kind of food that makes detrimental health effects seems like a better choice of side effects.

One that I have been hearing constantly since I arrived is the infamous "Nasi Kangkang". I will attempt to translate it through literal translation. "Nasi" = rice and "Kangkang" = legs wide open. So that makes "Legs Wide Open Rice". Imagine ordering it in a restaurant.

Boss! Satu Nasi Goreng Kangkang campur Telur Mata dan Ayam Goreng!

Ewww...

Some say, the "dish" is prepared when the woman is going through her period. During this time, she will literally "kangkang" her legs and squat over a bowl of fresh hot steamy fluffy rice and let the magic do it's magic. Imagine the rich flavors permeating into the rice. Once all that is done, the rice is then served to the man of her heart's desire and will guarantee her hold on him perpetually.

Personally I don't buy into these superstitions or legends. It's just too far fetched for the likes of me to take it into my train of thoughts. I know they say the key to a man's heart is through his stomach but this is a bit much isn't it?

They also say the natives here are very "powerful" with their black magic and they enslave men through this method for a better living. I really don't know what to say about that statement. From my experience, they're really jovial and friendly people. Maybe that's because I'm not messing with their daughters, who knows?

As for the "Nasi Kangkang", that's just plain weird...

You know you love me.
XOXO
Queer Ranter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

or could it be they actually evolved from nasi kangkung or nasi kampung? sounds so salah to eat nasi kangkang :P so un-glam :P

Ganymede said...

TheHappyGoLuckyOne: I dunno really. Just keep hearing it from people. Weird...