An Inconvenient Truth

Earlier after I got back from work, I sat down in front of my computer checking my blog, MythWars and bombard William with all my skankiness in GTalk. This happens everyday except the bombarding William with all my skankiness because that is subjected to his availability online. I wanted to blog something about butches in my company since someone asked about what about lesbians in the company but I didn't get around to it.

I was reading fellow queer blogger's blogs to see what was new and what was going on. The usual suspects of entries appeared. Dramas, breakthroughs in life, daily life occurrence, trying out new stuff and etc.

Then once I'm done with all that, I'll turn off my monitor, leaving MythWars to run, turn off my computer and snuggle with my stuffed toys. Yes, all four of them. Rat rat, moo moo, Sharkie and Teddy.

Come six o'clock, my alarm will ring with "Hello Goodbye - Here In Your Arms". I'll wake up, check MythWars, check my blog, then shower and all that jazz. The whole cycle repeats again. That's my routine and pretty simple, nothing fancy.

I'm rather comfortable with my routine until I watched "An Inconvenient Truth" by Al Gore, formerly the next President of the United States. Honestly, this movie is, by far, the most terrifying movie I've watch. Its more terrifying than the Alien series, IT or any Eastern Asian horror movie. The movie horrified me with what's happening to the earth as my routine keeps repeating itself day in day out. It showed me what a scary future it will be within my life time if the world keeps continuing the way it is. Emission of carbon dioxide is now threatening our very existence, the same chemical compound that keeps the earth nice and warm...

Jason asked me why do I watch such boring movie? Well why not? We've been complaining its freaking hot these days but never conscientiously wondered why. More importantly I need to know what is going on to the earth and what sort of a future I'm going to live in ain't I? One of the things he mentioned was when Greenland completely melts, the sea level worldwide will rise 20 feet. That alone will flood Manhattan Island and flood the nearly the whole of the Netherlands.

-"The maps of the world will have to be redrawn."


I don't know what to say really. I'm still stunned from the movie itself. Its definitely worth watching and see. It is not at all boring but rather a wake up call to all of us. Watch it.

Also checkout this site, Climate Crisis.

-Live Long & Prosper

5 comments:

Pluboy2 said...

if only you are living till 500 or 700 years old.. otherwise i dont think it will affect you tat much in the next 50 years..

i have given it a thought but what the heck.. its not going to affect me that much, and never will my children because in the first place, there are no children to begin with ! :)

though i may consider adoption :) hEHe..

Ganymede said...

Well actually it will effect us within our lifetime Takashi. Right now the world population is 6,525,170,264. By 2050 it will be 9.5 billion. Things sure will get worst with another 3 billion people.

savante said...

Ooh, scary movie. But actually it tells us something we already now - albeit reinforcing it with some terrifying images.

William said...

I never thought I'd see the effects of global warming so prominently in my lifetime...

Pluboy2 said...

exactly so william.. thats my point..

with another 3 billion people, frankie, you'll have another 3 billion choices to choose from!!! why are u complaining!! 1 each day also will take u 3 billion days!!! good ness.. that's a good 8 million years to finish all 3 billion people, one each day..!!!