J. P. Calderon

I was watching The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency Season Two for like the whole day today. I know this show was airing earlier this year but I only got around to it now. I love the show so much but pity it stopped at the ninth episode... I want more... More beautifully sculpted men to look at.

Well enough of ogling at adonis and drooling all over myself. J.P. Calderon was in Survivor and now in JDMA. I truly admire him (mostly his physique) and have tremendous respect for this man. There was one particular episode that hit home to me.

The Editor In Chief of Instinct Magazine, a magazine for gay people, wanted to feature JP on the cover page of their February Swimsuit edition. He specifically requested for JP but there was one catch. The model featured on the cover are only for gays who are out of the closet. Janice didn't know about him being gay or not but she had to approach JP about this huge offer.

Janice Dickinson: I have a client that wants to book you for Instinct Magazine but there's a catch, they have to use gay man on the cover. Would you be interested in doing this if you were a gay man or if you're not a gay man its really non of my business and I feel really awkward asking.

I can see JP was really uncomfortable at this point. He wasn't talking right. He kept mumbling, shivering and flipping the magazine randomly. Even Janice was stumped trying to comfort and guide JP.

JP Calderon: I'll do it but
I guess I just don't want to give up like a sense of my masculinity.
JD: There's nothing wrong with your masculinity, JP.
JP: I don't want to be stereotyped negatively. I like being a man. I like to be...
JD: There's nothing wrong with that. Being a man is not being an athlete or big muscles. Its about being honest, it being a man having true convictions to yourself.

Some of the things he said in the show:

JP: You're scared of losing the people that are so close to you, being your best friends, your close friends and most importantly your family. And I just, I don't want to be considered a disappointment.

JP: I hate hating myself. That I truly hate myself. I truly don't like who I am and maybe this is my way of letting go and finding out who's going to accept me and finding out who's not.

JP: I'm just tired of living this facade of something that I am not and I just want to start living of something that I am.

I just thought I'd share with you guys out there. I am so proud of him and what an inspiration he is (again, his physique). Oh and this is the cover for the magazine. He's so cute and hot.

-Live Long & Prosper

4 comments:

savante said...

Ooh. Sexy. And isn't Janice great?

Laurel Jane said...

Hello there, found your blog through the wonders of blog hopping.

JP sounded like he's aiming for some sympathy votes to me. Like I'm so forlorn and indecisive. Oh come here give me a hug and help me get over my shyness in coming out of the closet.

What he needs is Wentworth Miller to help boost his morale. Now that one's a hot stuff.

Too bad he's into blond girls at the moment.

Anonymous said...

When I read your last line "...and this is the cover for the magazine..." I don't see any picture that you put in your blog? Where is it? Did you forget or you deleted it?

Ganymede said...

Paul: I love Janice~~~

Laurel: Hey there welcome. Do I get a hug too?

Calvin: I've been trying to upload it but there's something wrong with Blogger...