Durian Delight

I had a sudden craving for durian in the car on my way back to KL yesterday. So I called up my mom to get the ingredients I needed to make this durian dessert that I love so much. Really simple and easy to make.

First and foremost, you need durian. The biggest and meatiest durian you can find. Then get green beans, some pandan leaves and concentrated coconut milk. Get a pot and filled it with water, 3/4 of the pot should suffice along with the pandan leaves.

Look at those durian.

This amount of green beans serve two.

Pot filled with water and some pandan leaves.

Concentrated coconut milk.

Wait till the water is boiling and add the green beans in. Boil them till all the beans are soft and thick paste. This should take about an hour of boiling. Then peel off the durian meat and put it into the green bean paste. Mashed the meat and stir with the paste.

Serve this with the concentrated coconut milk and tadaa, you have a green bean durian dessert. I had this with McDave for breakfast instead. That lasted me for a long time, well after lunch.

Yummy stuff.

Try it out for yourselves. Its delicious.

-Live Long & Prosper

4 comments:

Ryan said...

Not that I hate durian, but the last photo ... (speechless!)

OK, maybe it taste nice.

Ganymede said...

Ryan: Hahahha. Yea. Presentation wasn't really on my mind that morning. Heheheh. But do make it for yourself. Its lovely.

Jason said...

Hahaha. It looks a bit dry though.

Ganymede said...

Jason: Not really. Its just nice. You can always add more coconut milk. :)