Shopaholic

Out of the blue, the other day mom said, "Lets get you a pair of runners. I'm thinking Friday after work". *blink blink I said sure and asked no further questions. No way I was going to complain about spending when mom offered. I decided that we should get my runners in Studio R, KLCC, hoping that I would get the same model runners from New Balance that I tried few months back and get a good buy from the sale.

NewBalance 676

I got a pair from New Balance but I don't know if it's the same one that I tried. No matter, its really light and comfortable to wear. My sore feet instantly re-energised after trying it. Great support and soft on my heels upon impact. Love the shoe so much. Now I can start shedding those "stored energy" in me. Got 20% off RM289.00 and also a one month VIP pass to CNergy Fitness. Awesome but pity I can't use the VIP pass. Anyone wants it? Its up for grabs to anyone here.

Free fitness center pass.

Since Kinokuniya was just next door, I dragged my mom in with me. I wasn't really searching for a particular book but I felt like shopping for books (I can hear Paul sneering at me already...). I eventually settled for The God Delusion and The Velvet Rage. Cost me RM 96.00. Seriously, how does the Government expects its citizens to be well educated with book prices so high... Tax relief? WTF am I suppose to do with tax relief?... I'm a freaking student...

Two more books added into my little library.

Anyhow, I met an elderly man named George while I browsing for books. I wanted to see what the fuss is about The God Delusion, everyone seems to be reading it. I found where the book was and just read the reviews. Looked interesting enough but I wasn't sure if RM 42.00 was worth it and George happened to be reading it there. I asked him how it was thus far and just with that, we were talking about a myriad of topics ranging from the books he's read to our lovely government. He was really kind in sharing what his knowledge to me even though I'm just a stranger asking him how the book was.

You'd think I'd be satisfied with all the shopping that I have done so far but I'm still craving to shop for more things. I don't know why. I have this unsatisfied impulse to shop in me. Must be the Government sending subliminal messages asking me to shop more or it's just my period coming along... *shrugs

I'm still thinking of the pink shirt from Zara... I'm going to try it on one day and take a picture of it in the changing room. If I can't buy it, I'll have a picture of it on me. Heheheh. A nifty trick I learned from slender faghag.

Curious thing happened on the way back from KLCC after the shopping spree. There was a guy and a girl in the LRT. The girl was hugging the somewhat good looking guy, marginally my type sort. Upon exiting the LRT, I caught him looking at me and I looked back. He gave me a grin while maintaining eye contact. I grinned back and walked passed him. Never encountered that before but it felt nice.

-Live Long & Prosper

14 comments:

Ryan said...

What?! That guy actually grinned at you. That's interesting! I wonder what it'll be like if you walked up to him and said :"Why are you grinning at me while your girl is holding you ever so tightly?!"

coolgardy said...

Girl hugging guy tightly because girl knows guy will fall for u...guy grinning at you-his sublime message is "Save me from this bitch" or "I rather be with you that this bitch"...take your pick dude, ur lucky days are coming!

Kihu said...

gosh u got the velvet rage book.. I WANTTTT

Fable Frog said...

eh~ the guy in the LRT mistaken you as a girl ah? hahaha

Alex said...

The God Delusion is such a refreshing and empowering read. The case regarding his position on science and religion put forth by Richard Dawkins are passionately argued. Perhaps you might want to brush up on evolution to enhance your reading understanding.

Anonymous said...

You know what? I think we are having the same wavelength cos I am thinking about Kinokuniya these few days and I also want to buy those two exact same books that you bought.

And about that guy who looked at you, he's BI. Trust me!

Ganymede said...

Ryan: Heheheh. I would have if it wasn't for my mom. :P

Coolgardy: Lucky days are coming?! Hahahha.

Famez: Go get it. Got one more hardcover copy. RM92 though and all pink too.

Fable: Me... A girl... So mean... Heheheh. I don't think so la.

Alex: Thanks for the input. Evolution theory is pretty fresh from reading A Short History of Nearly Everything.

Calvin: We do?! How queer. Maybe the guy is not by but closeted case waiting for me to burst his closet doors open eh. Hehhehe.

adrien said...

*grins*

Leesh said...

Oh So Scandalous! :O hehe
You prolly turned him on more than the chick. :D

Melvin Mah said...

aha~ went shopping tarak ajak saya..?! SAKIT HATI... ish ish...I wanted to get books la.....

Ganymede said...

Adrien: Why are you grinning...

Leesh: What scandal scandal... Me so hot until can turn him gay meh?

M5lvin: You hardly come online these days... Rain check?

William said...

The simplest explanation is that he is happy to have someone look at him hugging his conquest. A grin or a smirk?

Apollo n Hermes said...

Gatalnya mata dia... eeehemmm... (-_-)

Ganymede said...

William: A grin at me leh...

Apollo: Who who gatal? Come I scratch for him. :P