Possessed Computer?

Just look at the timestamp on this post. Its freaking 4.40 in the MORNING... Such ungodly hour to post a post but that's just the time this post was being drafted. I woke up much earlier than that say about 3.30. Thank goodness I slept early last night or I'll have a terrible headache and feeling lethargic the whole day.

I was rudely awaken by my computer turning itself on and off repeatedly. At first it didn't bug me but the humming noise it made was enough to annoy me. I turned off my computer intentionally before I slept so that I can have a quiet night sleep but my computer had to go amok with the turning on and off business...

It was eerie at first that my computer did this, as though a vengeful spirit kept pressing on the power switch. Prior to this, the switch that powered the computer flipped by itself. Very bizarre. But in the midst of my annoyance, I turned off the computer manually and went back to sleep.

Tried as I may to sleep, I couldn't. I kept thinking what was wrong with my computer. Why did it act the way it did? I got out of bed and started troubleshooting. Took me about 40 minutes to figure out what was the cause. My computer's power switch is fucked... I'm not sure how but I know its fucked. Just great...

I managed to get my computer running again and I'd probably leave my computer running from now on until I replace the switch or the whole computer case. Turning the computer on manually is a bitch. I'll have to open the case, take a screwdriver and make a circuit connection at the power switch pins on the motherboard. Don't follow? Its basically like how thieves start a car without using the keys like in the movies. Connect two wires to get the car started.

Humbug I tell you, humbug...

-Live Long & Prosper

2 comments:

William said...

Hot-wiring a PC! Curious!

Ganymede said...

William: Hot wiring! That's the word I was looking for!